MEPhI National Research Nuclear University
The history of the National Research Nuclear University MEPhI (Moscow Engineering Physics Institute) began with the foundation in November 1942 of the Moscow Mechanical Institute of Ammunition.
The University mission is to generate, spread, apply and maintain scientific knowledge for addressing the global challenges of the 21st century as well as for promoting innovative developments and enhancing competitiveness of Russia in the global energy and non-energy high-tech markets.
MEPhI is one of the leading research universities of Russia with reputable scientific schools.
The University trains specialists under the bachelor’s degree, specialist’s degree, master’s degree and postgraduate programs in the most relevant development areas of fundamental and applied sciences and modern technologies for both Russia and foreign countries.
Over 200 educational programs are implemented at MEPhI.
The University programs meet the international education standards.
The University has implemented the credit- based modular training system where international diploma supplements are issued to graduates.
The University students have the opportunity to undergo internship training at the leading research centers and laboratories across the globe and participate in international academic mobility and dual diploma programs.
The MEPhI Institute of Financial Technologies and Economic Security has been established for training highly qualified specialists for the national anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing system.
Address: 31 Kashirskoye Shosse, Moscow, 115409
Year of establishment: 1942
Number of students: 6671
Number of students undergoing AML/CFT training: 812
Number of research and teaching staff: 1109